Tuesday, February 15, 2005

A Blog of my Own

I was helping Ivana with a workbook on Friday and she asked me what all the journal pages were about. I said it was like keeping a diary, but it's not very popular in the English language to use the word diary anymore. Then it hit me that we've gone a step further and instead of journaling we "blog".

Not wanting to be left in the twentieth century I found an old email from my friend Tisra that directed me to a place on the internet where I can build a blog of my own. I feel so much more up to date now. My sister, Mary Jo, has a blog and several of her friends blog I believe.

So, here it is. A place where I can rant and rave on a daily basis.

Today, I don't know if I'm ranting or raving. A year ago, about a week after arriving here, I attended a meeting of the Slovene International Ladies Association (SILA). I didn't enjoy it. It felt like a bunch of women doing charity without getting too personally involved. It bothered me and I had no desire to go back. I may have written about it, because Pastor Aaron told me I should give it another chance. For some reason I ignored his advise. A few months ago for some reason my Dad told me I should join. Weeks later Timothy urged me to join. A couple weeks ago Pastor Steve said he would love to have a church member in SILA b/c of all the money they donate to charity every year. It would be a great source for the Teen Challenge. *sigh* This morning I joined.

Everyone was very friendly and I didn't have a horrible time. I know a few of the ladies either from the school or the International Church. We'll see how this goes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Welcome to the blogosphere or however that strange term is spelled. To answer your previous e-mail...Kris and I blog on our own server...something he found a way to do where he has more control of it. I also have a Blogger blog that I use strictly for my spiritual journaling.

Maybe you can be an inspiration to the Ljubljana Ladies Club.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Tisra said...

Looking forward to hearing stories of the impact you're having on the Ladies' Club!

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home