Thursday, February 17, 2005

Book reviews, chiropractors and houses we can't afford

I finished reading Dr. Mercola's Total Health Cookbook and Program today. I read the very last part in the chiropractor's waiting room...that's a story to be told, but I'll save it. Anyway, after reading Mary Jo's blog about their two weeks on the Atkins and all of the encouraging things Dr. Mercola had to say about the way we aren't eating, I'm ready to start changing the way we eat and live...as long as it's okay with Timothy. My goal for the remainder of February, not to be like Mary, but I think this is primary since we're such dairy consumers in this house, is to find raw milk and eggs. Sounds small, but I'm not a disciplined person and with all the language barriers around me this might end up being quite an accomplishment.

Went to the chiropractor for a routine adjustment. I was so glad Timothy was there. It wasn't your run of the mill, lay on the table, he'll be in, in a jiffy. No, no, no... It was get naked so some young guy can come in and rub your back while you're totally uncomfortable and try to make conversation as if you do this everyday type of deal! I don't want to go back. Timothy enjoyed it and has said how good he feels! I haven't recovered yet. In Nashville, Dr. Hutton wanted me to come in every two weeks and this dr feels the same way. I told him I'll have to see if our insurance covers it. "Please don't let it be covered, Lord! I don't want to go back to those people!"

The realitor called us today and gave me the website to check out some houses for rent online. There are some that sound very tempting, but a ways out of our price range. I thought of the story Donnie McClurkin told the last time he was at Cornerstone about how he wanted a house that was going for $500,000. He told the realitor he was going to buy it for less than half that, and he did. Why not us? Anyway, this Goroft guy is going to take me Monday or Tuesday to look at the houses.

My stomach is upset so I must be hungry. Hmmm...there's strawberries in the car, but I don't want to go out in the cold to get them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Hmmm. Did the chiropractor crack anything or just rub you the wrong way?

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home