Wednesday, February 23, 2005

23 February 2005

Wednesday morning: Timothy is lifting weights in the living room and Clay wakes up early. Clay loves the weight lifting thing. He wants to be right there in the action. He has two one-pound dumbbells that he uses to work his muscles. At some point I guess Timothy was naughty though. Clay stood here with one hand on his hip and the other index finger waving saying, "Dada, nana. Dada, nana!" We're finding out as his speech is getting clearer he's quite a bossy little guy. Classic oldest child or a sign of brattiness? Something we'll have to curb either way.

Later he was playing with Timothy's new Bible; a very big "no-no". I told him to get away from it, but he looked at me as if to say, "mind your own business." I stood up to come over there and he turned and walked away as fast as he could. Ivana and I were laughing and it was a little hard to discipline him after that. I just put the Bible up where it belongs instead.

Later I had the SILA welcome coffee morning at the Irish Ambassador's house. This house is amazing. It's a renovated farm house that's absolutely gorgeous. The ladies were very friendly and there was lots of laughter. There are committees for this and that and activity groups of all kinds. I still wonder about me belonging in this circle of people, but when your husband, your father and two pastors tell you to do something like this I guess you'd better listen.

They sent me home with all kinds of information on SILA and Ljubljana. SILA members get discounts at different stores, restaurants and services. That's a bonus!

Ram and Sally weren't feeling well and since Clay's had a bit of a cough (nothing serious by any means) the past few days we decided to stay home from Bible study last night. At first it was just going to be Clay and I staying home so I told him we'd make popcorn and watch Veggie Tales Jonah. It started snowing again so Timothy and Ivana didn't go to house group either. We didn't start the movie until 7:30 so it was 9:00 by the time it was over; an hour passed Clay's bedtime. He was so droopy eyed, but was determined to watch that whole cartoon! He couldn't wait to get in bed after that.

I didn't sleep so well again. It seems like I never sleep good when I eat popcorn before bedtime. Another reason to stop eating it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Becky Jo said...

It's interesting to me that Steve, Aaron, Dad & Timothy all encouraged you to join SILA. Something tells me God has some plans He's working with you in the group.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Do you remember how I used to crave popcorn? Ever since I was pregnant with Owen I have lost my desire for popcorn. I still like it, but I don't crave it like I used to...I can give or take popcorn. weird.

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home