Friday, February 25, 2005

No More Ice Cream!

I'm saying no to ice cream. Not forever. Just until the end of the year. Those who know me will know how hard this is for me. Especially when we have an ice cream shop just a few hundred feet from our house! I was going to fast ice cream during this pregnancy and then at the end have one huge, disgusting sundae. The problem with this is that you can't find a huge, disgusting sundae in Slovenia. The only restaurant that serves the ultimate, disgusting sundae is O'Charlie's. I don't want to give in early and have the sundae when we're in the States in May. We'll be back in the States at Christmas and New Year's for Christina's wedding so...thus the decision to wait until the end of the year.

As I'm writing this entry I'm drinking a glass of chocolate milk. I don't have the will power yet to fast all sweets so I'm just choosing my favorite.

Ivana is gone home until Tuesday evening. Not to be mean or hateful, but when she's not here I try to pretend that no one else ever lived with us and that everything is completely normal. Things are getting easier with her being here, but at the same time, I'm glad it's not forever.

Timothy has cold symptoms and is sleeping on the couch. He had to help shovel snow at the office yesterday and didn't have a change of clothes. I don't thing that was a good thing. He's getting faster and faster at his job so he's giving some of his work to the new accountant and helping Bonita with the things she takes care of.

Clay is already in bed. He let us know he was ready by getting his pajamas and trying to put them on himself. He didn't get very far.

We ordered our usual pizza from the usual place tonight. I got mine with cheese only on half. I gave Clay a slice of cheese-less pizza and he went to town. He tried to eat it just like he's seen us do it. It was very adorable to see someone so small put a slice of pizza in their mouth. You know one of those moments where first time parents yell at each other to get the camera. I had the digital, Timothy had the video. We're saps.

He got brave outside today and decided it was okay to walk on his own. Normally when we're outside he insists on being carried. I'm not sure why. Today he walked all the way to the end of the street. He would stop every once in a while to play (bare-handed) in the snow and slush or a mud puddle.

We're taking Clay sledding tomorrow with other families from church. I have a pair of water proof pants that I bought second hand from a neighbor. He tested his boots in one of those mud puddles today and they turned out to be water proof as well. I think we're gonna have lots of fun! Timothy is very excited.

I just finished my chocolate milk and feel fat, happy and ready for bed. It's only 8:45 though and I'd really like to call some people in the States and England. hmmm I finished reading Dr. Mercola's Total Health book and haven't been to Ram and Sally's to borrow any of theirs. They have a lot of good books. I wonder if the neighbors are still awake. They have lots of books. They're probably all in Slovene though. Anyone have any suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home