Monday, February 28, 2005

"Oh What a Beautiful Morning!"

The sun is out in full force for the first time in about a week! The snow is melting and Crnuce feels happy today. Clay is playing here with his toys. He's become fascinated with his lotion and even figured out how to twist the cap off. I let him have it since the lotion is almost gone. He pretends it's his chapstick. He'll flip open the top of the lid and put it around his lips like we do.

He's becoming a helper around the house. When he finds trash on the floor he's picking it up and taking it to the waste bin. Last night I had left his diaper cream out and he put it away. Then he really impressed us by picking up his toys! Obviously, he's too young to make it a daily chore, but we make a big deal of it when he does do it.

This morning though he decided to get trash out of the bin. Oh well, he'll figure it out sooner or later.

Clay has been watching Ivana practice on her guitar and has started strumming his guitar instead of just slapping the strings. It's so much fun to watch him discover new things. Like his nostrils, he discovered them. We've been trying to pull his hand away when he sticks his finger up there. This morning I caught him doing it again, but he was experimenting with his breathing. "When I put my finger in the hole and breath really hard these are the sounds and sensations it creates." He does the same thing with his ears. He'll stick his fingers in his ears and listen to something, take them out and listen some more... I love this stage!

Our church is three weeks into a 40 day fast. At the beginning everyone was asked to write their name on one specific day. Timothy wrote us down for Mondays. I'm fasting sweets since I need to eat. I've been trying to wake up late on Mondays and not eat breakfast until after he leaves for work. I'll make spaghetti for supper tonight and Clay and I will eat before he gets home. Hopefull if I have the fan running in the kitchen there won't be any smells when he walks in the door.

I started reading Wild at Heart the other night when I was bored. Timothy said I shouldn't read it b/c it's written for men. I asked him if he wanted me to raise boys or men. It's a really good book and one I highly recommend for anyone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Owen was playing with Jayna Weber one Sunday afternoon and picked up her little play lipstick. He pulled the cap off and started rubbing it on his lips like a cover girl commercial. He must pay close attention because it's pretty rare that he sees us put anything on our lips. These boys are too funny. Oh...Clay finding his nostrils is funny too, Owen likes to put his finger in my nostril and say "eye?" He's a little confused.

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home