Monday, January 23, 2006

Clay's Funnies

Clay's speech improves all the time and now things are getting said by him that are worthy of writing down and saving.

After eating lunch the other day he jumped off his chair and started heading out the door, but turned around with a wily smile and announced, "Uh oh. Poopy!"

I was bringing Clay his bedtime bowl of yogurt to the family room where all the guys were playing Friday night. As I'm coming up the stairs I can hear Timothy count off a number and then Clay repeat the number. They were down on the floor doing sit-ups.
Timothy: "Eight."
Clay: "Eight."
Timothy: "Nine."
Mommy walks in with bowl of yogurt.
Clay: "Eat."
Timothy: "Ten."
Clay: "Eat."
He kept doing the sit-ups though.

Every morning we read a chapter in Proverbs. Saturday morning, just as I've read one of those about quarrlsome wives Clay follows it by giving me a serious look and saying "Yeah."

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

hee hee hee. He's a clever little chap isn't he? I started two extra blogs just for updates on Owen and Ivan. They aren't published yet, but will be soon. I love that stuff.

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home