Monday, September 04, 2006

Clay

I wanted to take time to write a little something about each of the "kids". I don't feel like I have the time to do Clay justice, but...let me just take a deep breath...no pressure. The football game Timothy's watching is a long one. I'm sure I'll get to see some of it.

Clay is becoming a comedian, helper and all around super-star. We've started a name calling game. He'll tell me I'm "funny crazy" and I call him the same. Suddenly, the "No" Phase is done! He woke up one morning and said, "Ummmm, okay." He also says, "sure" (tur) which I really like.

Often times I'll ask him what he wants to drink with a meal. The standard answer is, "Ummmm, coca-cola."
"How about milk?"
"Ummmm, okay."

At random moments I’ll hear him say, “Ummmm, (click of the tongue to the roof of the mouth sound) let’s see.”

Clay helps pick up around the house, including trash, toys, dirty clothes and his plate from the table. He tries to help dust, but has no concept of what dust is so that one is a work in progress.

Last week we were working out in the yard one day and he got the idea to carry the watering jugs over to the garden. One of them was completely full and impossible for him, but the other had only a little water in and he carried it, but with difficulty. When he got it to where he wanted it I could hear him say, "I'm kinda strong" like an old farmer would say it.

He makes a great attempt to show his muscles, but we've observed he's just one long muscle. Timothy has given him the new name, Unimuscle.

I call him Son of Encouragement. He's always ready with a nice comment for whomever. "Good job, Daddy" or simply, "Yay!" One day we were playing ball and I kicked it into a corner I couldn't get into. I explained he'd have to go get it because Mamma is too big and that corner was too small. He got confused and kept saying, "Mamma's too small." Yes, that's right.

His f's come out as p's and the 'sh' comes out as over enunciated s's. He says the word fish a lot lately... It could be worse. My friend's little boy makes his t's f's and says the word truck a lot, but without the r.

He counts to twelve on good days and enjoys "songs like at church." He sincerely wishes we'd sing the Larry Boy theme song at church, but I don't think that's going to happen. He's totally possessive with his toys and is sure Thadeus is just out to take them from him.

He loves his brother though. When their nap times happen to fall at the same time Clay is more than happy to sleep. When Thadeus isn't in the room he could care less. They have their affectionate moments, but we have to encourage that more and more. Clay is very affectionate though. The other day he puckered up and got close to me. When I leaned in to kiss him back he said, "No, no, no, no." Then he lowered my face and kissed me on the nose. He laughed at himself and declared, "Ats funny crazy!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

I wish I could see him.

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home