Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Day Two as a TSP

This morning was a little bit of a repeat of yesterday morning. I was driving to Ljubljana this time and couldn't accomplish two of my three errands since banks, post offices and stores were closed. I was just getting into city center when I realized I'd left Timothy's office keys at home. There was no getting around it. I have no plans to come into Ljubljana again so I had to go back. Ah well.

When we were just about to the office I told Clay where we were going but that Daddy wouldn't be there. He didn't say too much, but as soon as we arrived he immediately tried Timothy's office door. Clay just stayed quiet and then when we got to Sally's for lunch he announced that Daddy was playing basketball. Oh. Poor guy thought he had it figured out.

Sally made cauliflower and potatoes with garlic, ginger and other herbs; rice and a lentil soup to go over the rice for us. Oh my goodness! It was wonderful! Clay had the soup and rice, but not the ginger dish; too spicy. Thadeus ate rice out of Sally's fingers and loved it! So far there doesn't seem to be anything that he doesn't like. After I had about five servings (no joke) she tells me she also made cheese cake!

The boys had such a great time playing there. They have one of those low sofas that you find in the Muslim world. Theirs is a little higher since they're not Muslim. The boys climb and play on that with Sally's many throw pillows. When I went to the grocery store on the ground floor of the apartment building (it's the only place I know of to get the good peanut butter) Clay didn't want to come with me! He wanted to stay with Sally.

We got home just in time to get Timothy's phone call. The boys were both asleep in the car. They woke up to talk to Grandpa though. We also had to go get Ivana's father and step-mother from the airport and play with the neighbor kids and then it was time for bed.

I'm tired. I didn't sleep all that well last night. I kept waking up for no reason other than Timothy just wasn't there. I'll be so glad when he's home.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

It's good to be busy when the hubby is away. It keeps your mind off his absence for a little while.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Becky Jo said...

Did she make mashed potatoes that were half potato and half cauliflower? I've done that 'cause it cuts down on the carbs.

Bobby is away too (Tuesday and Wednesday). He's very tidy. Hope is my mess-maker!!!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Kristy Jo said...

Her cauliflower and potatoes were in chunks. That's a good idea about mashing them together. I might be game to try that. Timothy would be happy and we have about 8 good cauliflower plants in our garden!

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home