Monday, August 14, 2006

Day One as a Temporarily Single Parent

Today went pretty smoothly. Timothy and Ivana left around 8:00 to pick up two guys from church and head to Graz. I realized last night before going to bed, while making my rounds and picking up things that needed to be put away, that with Timothy out of the house I'll have a lot less to do! He creates more work for me then Ivana, Clay and Thadeus combined! He laughed at me when I told him that.

The boys and I went to Kranj to get groceries. We only needed about six items, but the trip took an hour and a half. When I got to the road to turn on for the store I realized I didn't have any money or any way to pay. Poor Thadeus fell asleep on the drive back to the house to get the money. I should have also gotten an umbrella, but I was in too big a hurry by then. I don't know why. We got rained on a little, but nothing bad and I think the boys enjoyed it.

I can't wait until school starts again; the stores are always busy during the summer.

The boys took naps after lunch and I cleaned up the office. It's such an amazing feeling for a picky housekeeper such as myself. I can clean a room and know it's going to stay that way the whole week! WOW! Timothy and Ivana both are very bad about not putting things away.

The rain cleared by the late afternoon so the little men and I headed outside to soak up some vitamin D while it's free. We cleaned up the garden, harvested all the onions and picked up the apples and pears off the ground.

I think someone's been praying for our "nasty" neighbors; the ones that gave us the apple pie. Not only was the apple pie NOT poisoned, but she came over and made small talk this evening! I was very surprised and was on my friendliest behavior.

The boys are in bed, it's early and I'm ready for bed. Maybe I'll take the laptop upstairs and watch a movie in bed!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

So you aren't going to the conference? Or is this still preliminary stuff? Do the boys act different when Timothy is gone?

6:15 AM  
Blogger Kristy Jo said...

I'm not going to the conference at all. The options were to baby sit my own children away from home and all that is comfortable or just stay where it's comfortable. They haven't acted too different, but who knows what the rest of the week has in store...

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home