Monday, February 28, 2005

It's supposed to be the coldest day this winter today. Negative 15 or so celsius. Of course, it's imperative that I get into the village to mail some things and get a few groceries. These are the days I wish I was comfortable driving and had my own car. None the less, I have my long johns on, ready for the impending walk in the cold. At least the sun is out and it's not snowing.

Yesterday I was so proud of myself. I got the house cleaned, dinner made, toys picked up at bedtime, pancake batter made for this morning, Timothy's lunch ready and the dishwasher on! Every normal thing that I would do on a normal Monday. It makes me feel good to know that I'm not totally dependent on Ivana. The frustrating thing is when Timothy comes home from work and asks me what I did that day. "Let's see, I...cleaned house...took out the trash and recycling...made spaghetti..." It sounds so little! But with a curious one year old it's a lot!

Clay was a helper yesterday while I was cleaning. I made my own window cleaner out of kitchen things. Clay is always putting his mouth and hands on the windows and I don't like the idea of chemical residue getting into his mouth. Sounds a little anal, but there were dirty little mouth prints literally all over the windows! While washing the windows he got a piece of paper towel and was helping me wipe the glass. Later he helped with laundry, mostly trying underwear on his head! (How did he get that idea?) Once I got the clothes folded and sorted and was trying to put them away it became a race to see if I could get them in the drawers faster than he could throw them all back in the basket! We had a fun time.

I noticed this morning that Clay's looks are changing again. He looked so "grown up"! I'm glad I have another baby on the way. He is still very affectionate and loves cuddling, as long as it's rough cuddling. This morning on his guitar he actually played a couple notes. It sounded very blues-y. Obviously it was by accident, but hey!

Timothy slept great last night after not eating all day. I guess his body had less to process so it could concentrate on resting. Makes me want to not eat at night, but that's not an option for the time being. We got up early this morning and he spent time studying for house group tomorrow night.

Our idea of bringing SaveOne to Slovenia is becoming a reality. We almost have what we need to be registered with the government as a recognized "society". There is a city wide pastor's meeting this month and a nation wide pastor's meeting next month that Timothy, and possibly I, will attend. Timothy's goal is to raise all the money needed for translation and publishing here in Slovenia. Steve was interviewed by the religious t.v. station the other day and put a plug in for us! Things are happening and we're so excited.

Timothy's goal after getting SaveOne into Slovenia is getting it translated into German. We have close ties with the church in Graz, Austria so I'm sure they would love to be a part. Sheila said in her last newsletter that the book has been translated into Romanian. There are quite a high number of abortions there.

Sheila is excited about the thought of coming over here. She and Jackie have friends whose brother is a missionary here and she's been hearing and seeing pictures of Slovenia for several years now.

Things are happening.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

We woke up to snow today. It's been falling off and on all day but all that was on the ground this morning is melting away. It's pretty regardless. When Clay is old enough he can spend the summer with us and clean my house.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home