Friday, October 28, 2005

What Might Have Been

Side points: 1. I found the Frosty recipe! Haven't tried it yet. 2. We got Thadeus' picture taken for his passport today. He is too adorable!

Getting to the point... I've often wondered what things might have been like if I hadn't been saved at a young age. What if I had some miraculous testimony of how God took me up out of some horrible circumstances? Since moving here and making new friends I've had moments when I've wondered if I love God at all. Pretty much all of them did drugs. Some of them were prostitutes or homosexuals, and to see them now and how much they love the Lord it brings home Luke 7:46. Sometimes I'm down right jealous.

Since Ivana has come into our home I've had to face things about myself that I didn't appreciate having to look at. Does that make sense? That girl can drive me absolutely crazy, but the truth is she's just like me. It really is like having a teenage daughter.

Tonight Timothy and I were sitting in the theater waiting for the movie to start and it dawned on me what my life could have been. Her life up until four years ago was not pretty. I won't go into details since most of my friends who read this don't know her personally, but I'm glad...thankful...ever so grateful that I was born into a Christian home and that I did ask Jesus into my heart when I was six.

Ivana said something today that made the past 13 months worth while. I had responded a little strong (Timothy's words) to a bit of news she had given us about the center where she had gotten help for her drug addiction and met the Lord. I was trying to let her know that I did understand the emotional pull she has for Spain and that center by comparing it to my experience in Scotland and the Bible College. She said something to the effect of that place still being very special to her, but "...I've grown more here in one year than I did in three years there." Ahhh, we're not failing!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

How long does she plan on staying with you guys?

7:15 AM  
Blogger Kristy Jo said...

The plan at present is that Ivana will be with us for the remainder of this school year. She's looking at universities in Spain and the U.S. for next year to study interior design.

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home