Wednesday, September 07, 2005

What Did I Deliver?

A little giant, that's what I delivered. I only have a few minutes, so I'm not going to write about how the delivery went and all that at right now. I just wanted to give some update and tell you a little about Thadeus.

We thought Clay was a good baby and for some reason in the back of my mind if the first one is a good one, the second will be a terror. I don't know why I thought that, but nothing could be further from the truth. Thad is one of those who never cries unless he has reason; eats pretty good, but has trouble staying awake. When he is awake though, he's awake. Very alert. He's got an enormous smile that melts me. It looks like his eyes will stay blue and who knows about the hair.

Clay has been very good with him, giving him space, but unable to leave the house or go to bed without kissing "thadee". He's been good all around, not just with Thadeus. He's been out of sorts this week because Timothy went back to work and he's just not quite sure what to do with himself.

I did have to spank once on Monday. He was using the top of Thadeus' head as a leaning post so that he could give me a kiss. I tried to explain to him that he couldn't do that b/c Thad's head has an "ouchie". He got frustrated and punched me in the shoulder. There's a lot he doesn't understand and hitting is his way of venting. Understandable, but not acceptable.

It's time to feed the giant.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

I've had that same mindset. This one seems so different than Owen already...what could that mean except that he's not as laid back and easy? We shall see though. Maybe he's just active, but quiet. I would be happy to have only had to spank once on Monday...Owen has not been a bad boy but he is showing an obstinance I've never seen in him before...I feel like I am spanking him all the time. Is two really that terrible? We are one month away from that milestone.

5:07 AM  
Blogger Tisra said...

Hope you are recovering well. Mary told me that labor was rough on you this time, but I was glad to hear that you have some support in your church family and Ivana. I'm sure you're busy with your little men, but post more photos when you get a chance.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Forever Amber said...

Congratulations Kristi! Glad to hear he's such a good boy too.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home