Friday, August 19, 2005

Still No Deliveries, II

Two days away from the due date and counting. Contractions have started pretty early today; I'm not getting my hopes up yet, but I did think about walking up and down our stairs. Three flights of stairs, 30 steps in all...we'll see.

We went on a walking tour of the city last night, but ended up doing more standing and listening than walking. The ice cream at the end of the evening made up for it. Yes, I'm eating ice cream again, but in moderation. I think I've gotten over my addiction for the stuff.

We have apple and pear trees in our yard. We've had apple pudding, apple cake and if I get one more burst of energy before going into labor maybe Ava and I will make an apple pie. I'm not sure what kind of apples they are. They're green, but not Granny Smith or Golden Delicious. I'll have to examine the apples in the grocery store again to see what they are. The pears are just getting ripe so I'm anxious to see how they'll turn out. The neighbor behind us has purple plums behind his house. I never see him out there so I wonder if he'd mind if I took some. Aiko has yellow plums at her house that are delicious. I can't wait till her trees are ready! I've found garlic and field onions in the garden beside a big plant that looks like rhubarb, but it's not rhubarb. There are also Dahlias and Gladiola in there as well. We may plant some "winter vegetables" if someone around here feels up to it.

Full moon tonight!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tisra said...

Is the rhubarb-like plant swiss chard? That stuff is soooo good sauteed with butter. How lovely to have trees that produce fruit. Full Moon! Full Moon! C'mon Thad!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Tisra said...

Is he here?

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home