Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Here We Are Again

I was determined to blog this morning. Of course, as soon as I get the tedious computer things done, like catching our budget up, the electronic baby-sitter runs out of Sesame Street video and Thadeus wakes up to eat. Someone gave us a Hillsong and Delirious worship video and Clay is watching in rapt attention. I'm typing with one hand. Ivana had to run into town for Steve so she's not here to distract and play with Clay.

We had a time of it last night. A family came to church on Sunday knowing they had stomach flu and last night Clay manifested the same thing. He manifested a lot of it too. There's several loads of laundry to be done this morning. The fun part was him snuggling into a big blanket and letting me rock him. It didn't last long though. He quietly and politely pointed back to his bed. "Are you sure you don't want Mommy to hold you a little longer?" "Hu-uh."

After one hour of sleep we were at it again, but with Thadeus demanding food at the same time. He normally only wakes up once to eat, but it takes so much time b/c he can't keep himself awake and he doesn't eat in his sleep. I think I got three hours of sleep last night! Woo Hoo!

The first question we continue to hear regarding Clay is about jealousy. He has the past couple days wanted whoever is holding Thadeus to hold him also, but he is still very affectionate towards "BAY-bee". (First syllable in a high pitched voice and second lower and more drawn out.) Yesterday he was determined to be the one holding Thad.

Since Thad is such a good baby it's easy to put him down and give Clay the attention he requires, which isn't a lot since we've moved to a bigger house. He's not been as naughty and we don't have to worry about where he goes or what he's getting into. He plays by himself quite a bit upstairs in the family room. We're slowly getting moved into that room and that's where the boys and I have been spending most of our time.

Chena Underhill has been coming over quite a bit. She came Saturday morning because I was by myself and it's pretty difficult for me to wake up in the mornings. When I did wake up I could hear her and Clay playing together and having a swell time. She was Mama for the day. I think she feels the need to take care of me. She lost her mother at the age of 27 and her 6 children are all in the U.S. I've certainly appreciated her help.

2 Comments:

Blogger Broadband Guy said...

links for 2005-09-20
Podcasting is set to join it." bly.com blog Are All PR Practitioners "Professional Liars"? In her new book "Bait and Switch," Barbara Ehrenreich writes: "PR is really journalism's evil twin." USATODAY.com - ...
Wow, great site! I've gotta bookmark this.
Hey if you have some time come by my direct tv dsl site. That is if your interested in direct tv dsl , direct tv dsl , and direct tv dsl type stuff.
regards,
C.M.

2:19 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Wow, sounds like loads of fun. So glad there are people who are willing and able to help out. I think there are a lot of us who need family and if we could just figure out who needs what...we could meet each other's needs nicely. I want chick fil a today.

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home