Thursday, November 10, 2005

The Calm After The Storm

Our company stayed Monday night as well and then, since he's off work all week, they were at Ram and Sally's for our house group. I drove them out to an abandoned castle not too far from here to do a little vision casting. "Would this be big enough for a Teen Challenge center?"

The house is back to normal and quiet again and so I’ve started planning a worship night at our place for church members from this area. One lady was begging that we start a house group as well. I guess we’ll talk to Steve and Barbara about it. In some ways it would be much easier on us as a family b/c we wouldn’t have to go out.

I’m really growing in the area of hospitality. I’ve always been the type of person who likes company here, but has a problem with the mess it puts the house in. That’s wrong. I need to get over it.

After the worship night I’m going to have QSI ladies out for a movie night before Christmas.

Last night we went to the new Subway restaurant for dinner and enjoyed the same sandwiches we would have in the States. They had the cookies too. The best part is that they're open on Sunday's so if we have a busy weekend and want to grab something fast we have a better alternative than McDonalds. I do enjoy the new broccoli cheese nuggets at McD's though.

Thad is laughing and his smiles are coming even more frequent. I knew prayer was powerful, but this exceeds my expectations. I did so much praying over him while he was in the womb. My hormones were more than a little out of control while I was pregnant and I didn't want him to inherit a negative, complaining, insecure spirit. I'd say, so far, he's anything but those things.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tisra said...

Good comment on the hospitality issue. I used to LOVE hosting and invitng people over, but have slowed down in that area because of the mess. I feel like it is hard enough to clean up after my family of five- why stress myself out over the before-cleaning and after-cleaning involved in having guests. Yes, I feel convicted. :-)

6:35 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Well, I'm not going to feel convicted until after this baby is about 2 months old. Then If I still don't want company for a while I'll re-read this post.

Being a host helps make you a better guest I think and the reverse is true too. Both sides of that coin are important and should be taught in school.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home