Wednesday, November 02, 2005

A Post is a Post

There was something I really wanted to post on my blog, but now I can't remember what it was! Oh well.

The SaveOne book has been translated into Slovene and now we're waiting on money for printing, brochures, a conference in the spring and advertising.

The neighbor lady is walking through our yard. Maybe she's getting mushrooms. She can have them. Now she's talking to another neighbor... This is life in Ljubljana.

I've been furniture shopping. I need a filing cabinet. One small two drawer I looked at was $200, but then I found a nice wood, half bookshelf with one drawer lateral on the bottom for a little over $100. Decent mattresses start at $340 for a king sized bed. Oh wait, that was the cheap one that we wouldn't buy if our lives depended on it. Kids table and chairs were about $100... Are you seeing where we live? There's a big Ikea store in Graz, Austria. I think we'll go look there.

We had the young American missionaries over Monday night for chili soup and fellowship. The girls were teaching Clay "Whas uuup!" Saturday QSI people are coming over and Sunday church people are coming over. My first thought when I know I'm leaving a place (this house possibly) is to start cutting ties, not start making them. Having company and starting anything at this house is the last thing I want to do when we might not be living here very long. I think I need to have as much company as I can though. It's sort of like a stewardship thing for me.

I've written enough for now. Maybe I'll remember what I wanted to write about later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

You've got a roof...have company. Sounds like progress is being made for SaveOne. Hopefully all will fall into place quickly with the rest of the needs.

5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home