Tuesday, January 31, 2006

What's Been Going On

Our dear friend Nana is getting married this April. I'm happy for her and concerned at the same time. She and I have a lot of similarities. We were at the Baptist church this past Sunday and I asked if she'd thought about that church as a place to have her wedding since we don't have our own building yet. She said no and I told her some of the ideas I'd had for decorating it and she liked it. The pastor was right there and he said they would be welcome to have their wedding at the church for no cost! Nana and her fiance, Matjaz, are coming over Thursday evening for supper so that Timothy and I can voice our concerns, offer our support and I can show them the design scheme I've drawn up. I hope we say everything in a way that shows them we care and they won't feel threatened by anything we share.

This coming Saturday our friend Tatiana is also getting married down on the coast. They've informed everyone that they're not waiting to have kids. Tatiana is only a year or two older than I am, but I guess she's figured she's waited long enough already. Dameon, the groom is in his mid-thirties.

Our friends David and Lucia are about to have their first baby in the next month or two and we'll be having a baby shower for them here next Sunday. I think we've invited the whole church! I'm going to ask the farmer if we can park cars down by their barns and then give them an apple pie as a thank you.

Clay is in the bathtub singing a new song. He's always making up songs. I can't wait until we can understand what he's saying! A lot of times I'll just catch the last word so I sometimes have an idea what he's singing about. I'm finding that the best time for me to blog is while he's in the tub. The office is right by the bathroom so I can do this without feeling like he's unsafe or something. I can hear every move he makes.

Thadeus is sitting here in his car seat making it rock as hard as he can. He really likes the letter D and is starting to use it a lot more. I'm trying to get it on video, but he's not a performer yet. He's getting hungry and is starting to ask me to hurry up and finish so he can eat.

The boys are in the same room again. Clay really seems to like it and will wake up acting as if it's a comfort to have another person there. He's very careful to be quiet if he goes in and Thad is already asleep. We keep telling Clay how proud we are of him and that makes his little chest puff out.

Clay is also doing really well on the potty. Unfortunately, he's learned that all he has to do is say the word and we jump. Last night I figured out he's using this to get out of meals he doesn't want to eat. Didn't work, supper got longer last night.

He's also started stalling at bedtime. When we tell him it's time to pray he asks for juice or the potty or anything else he can think of.

Timothy is pretty well caught up with his work, but now it's audit time and that keeps everyone busy and even a little stressed. He's been handling it well though and every spare moment has been down in the basement lifting weights to help himself physically.

I have so much work to do outside. I want to get as much snow and ice off the drive way before the baby shower and my bird feeders are empty. I think the birds have been cleaning them out the same day I put the seed out. We have had a lot of snow this year and there's still several inches out there. I guess they're hungry.

Sheila Harper, president of SaveOne, emailed us yesterday and said she's been invited to Germany and The Netherlands in March and would we like company as well. Sure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home