Friday, May 27, 2005

Catching Up

Sure, I give this blog site out to new people and then don't write on it for weeks on end. I would like to send out a long update about our trip to the U.S.; what we did, who we saw, etc. But, there are other things that need to be taken care of first. What also makes it a bit difficult is Dad being here. Not that he's high maintenance, I just feel like I should be giving him the attention I would normally give to the computer or telephone.

Dad, Clay and I have been enjoying these beautiful days and have taken several walks around the neighborhood and/or to the grocery store. Clay is finally warming up to him, especially when Grandpa has ice cream or another something yummy to share. They've been playing ball, climbing on the fence and other little activities.

Timothy was working till 10:00 p.m. a few nights last week while Clay and I were still in the States, so I think he's about caught up. He's had to work this week so it's been quiet around the house. Next week Dad will be in Germany so I can do some more catching up. The following week Dad will be back here and Timothy will take some time off so I'm sure we'll be a bit more active again.

This evening we're going to drive to Kranjska Gora, one of the most beautiful parts of Slovenia. I have an American girlfriend who lives up there and hopefully we'll get together tomorrow afternoon. Her husband collects animals and she was telling me about all the new babies they have on the farm, including a white baby reindeer (very rare) and black baby llama.

I had another baby check up yesterday. I've gained 4 kilos in the past month (almost 9 pounds) and the doctor told me I need to be eating better. My clothes still fit the same so I wonder if it was just water weight? I did drink a lot of water yesterday morning, and we've been traveling. It's almost impossible to eat well when you travel. Oh well, I'm not worried about it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

I finally heard from Dad too. Been wondering what you guys are up to. Are you going to make him help you pack for the big move? Wish I could be there.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home