Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Surprises That Shouldn't Be Surprises

I told Mary over the phone Saturday evening, "That house is and has everything we prayed for, so why shouldn't we have it?" But, when Max came over last night we were prepared to let it go. I'd even gotten the numbers of a couple other realtors. He sits down and before I could even get food on the plates told us we could have the house for 1000 euros after all, which is our QSI allowance. I didn't understand Timothy's reaction; he just sat there. Later he told me he was in shock.

We had a very nice evening with him and were able to clear up some confusion that had offended him earlier in the process. He did say that he would still like to be able to sell the house if a buyer presented themselves. He's asking for 1.5 million euros. It's not likely he's going to get anyone at that price. We didn't commit while he was here, but did call our pastor and an elder in the church as soon as he left and they both said that that was fair, that any landlord could do that and they both think we should go for it.

So, just when we gave it up God gave it back to us. First thing we're going to do is have a prayer meeting with pastors and elders. It's not likely that the Holy Spirit has dwelt there and we want to make sure that He's moves in before we do. We've told Pastor Steve that this is also for the church, this is not just our home. One of the things we prayed for was a place large enough to host church activities and this house is certainly large enough with the space outside as well. That's not always going to be easy with my personality, but Timothy said I'm changing. I've been praying that would change, that I wouldn't try to compartmentalize everything in life, but I didn't realize it was already happening.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

I like God.

5:08 AM  
Blogger Tisra said...

congrats on the house. But on to the important stuff- did baby cooperate?!

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home