Monday, April 04, 2005

Weekend at the Coast

We had a drug addict over for lunch yesterday... Isn't that neat? He wasn't strung out yesterday and we prayed over the house and our belongings before leaving for church, so everything was fine. We did make sure to put any small, easily picked up valuables out of sight. He spoke pretty good English and flattered me by noticing my homemade coasters.

He was with our friends Matjaz and Magdelena, who are starting the Teen Challenge center here. Their center will be for women to begin with, but there are already men who want to join; this guy, Peta, being one of them. They all needed a place to go for lunch after church and I had been telling them on Saturday about the big pot of chili soup I had made so we hosted the three of them, two other guys and another girl for our American lunch.

We had spent Friday night and all day Saturday at M&M's house on the coast. It was so relaxing to just sit around all day. Magdelena and I walked into the village, Dekani, to go to the grocery store (two very narrow aisles) and let her Zarja (age 2 1/2) and Clay play at the little play ground. Clay didn't care much for the swings, but loved the slide.

In the afternoon David, Lucija, Magdelena and I went into Trieste, Italy to shop. Shopping is much better across the border in the north of Italy, since everything is so pricey here in Slovenia. The further south in Italy you go the more touristy it gets so prices start to go higher. I got a couple shirts for Timothy and a pair of sunglasses for myself, all very good quality stuff. After buying lunch for Magdelena and myself I ended up spending less than $50 the entire day. I was very pleased.

Timothy and I just don't want this work week to start. He had a hard time waking up this morning, partly because of not sleeping well, and partly because we just had a great weekend. The sun is shining, we should be outside enjoying it! I think I'm going to go work outside this morning. Our tiny front yard needs some attention and behind our fence in the commons area I notice weeds yesterday. That's also our responsibility, but I don't mind! I love working in the yard and since I'm feeling good this morning I might as well do it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

I enjoy working in the yard too but have been so discouraged with our flower beds and stuff I have not been out there. The Bermuda grass is unstoppable.

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home