Thursday, March 31, 2005

New Dishes!

Timothy gives me an allowance of about $50 each month that I get to spend on whatever I want without asking his advise or opinion. Of course, I can't help but ask though. There are some dishes at one of the stores that I've had my eye on for a while now and yesterday I took the plunge with the two and a half months of saved allowance I had. The landlords provided us with some very nice dishes, but it's not what I would have chosen and there's only settings for 6 so it kind of limits me as far as entertaining goes. Yesterday I bought place settings for 12 people (12 b/c if I get my way and my dad, sisters, bother-in-laws and brother all can visit at the same time that's at least enough for the adults to eat together) minus 6 soup/cereal bowls and 6 dinner plates. Next week they should have the bowls and plates restocked and I'll get the last of those and this summer purchase the mugs and fruit bowls and serving pieces. I did get the cream and sugar. Very important in a tea/coffee consuming society.

I love china and can spend hours just looking at pieces on http://www.replacements.com. I found the china that Timothy and I had originally registered for and I still really like it and would like to save for it. It's a Lenox pattern called Jewels Sapphire. It's gaudy enough to please me, but no flowers or frilliness so Timothy was impressed with it too. (Mary, did you know there's a china pattern called Josephine? I can't remember who the manufacturer is, but they have it at replacements.)

I also bought window boxes and potting soil yesterday, but couldn't find red impatiens. The front of my house is in the shade and I'd love to do red geraniums in my windows, but I'll settle for boxes full of red impatiens since geraniums need a little more sunshine.

I've spent the past little while trying to figure out just how to go about posting pictures on this here blog, but I can't find any specific directions from Blogger. Tisra, any advice? Otherwise, I took pictures of the dishes and if you want to see them I'll email them to you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

of course I want to see them. What is it about dishes that makes me want to spend money? Is it genetic? I love buying bowls!

4:49 AM  
Blogger Tisra said...

Eric set us up with Picasa for our "digital photo library" and it works directly with Blogger since both Picasa and Blogger are owned by Google. When I plug in my camera, Picasa comes up and allows me to save my images in files. Then, when I select any stored image in my files/digital image library, there are buttons at the bottom of the screen that allow me to e-mail, post to Blogger and a few other options. It is soooooo easy! Obviously, I didn't set up Picasa on this computer, but once Eric set it up the rest has been a snap. And now our digital photos are nicely organized.

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home