Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Catching Up On The News

I was up sick again last night and my stomach hasn't recovered yet today. Timothy said he's feeling much better though. My problem might be stress related since the owner of the house we want is now asking for more money. I have a big Mexican dinner planned for him tonight and maybe we can still come to a good agreement.

I've decided that it really doesn't matter though. Since our verbal agreement over the phone two weeks ago I've given that house to the Lord and if He doesn't want that house I'm sure He'll also handle the details of getting us into the house He does want.

The Wednesday before last Matjaz and Magdalena had 15 people get saved at their house group near the coast, including the most reputable drug dealer in their city. This past Sunday they brought 3 more junkies with them to church and all 3 got saved. One of the ex-junkies from a couple weeks ago was praying with one of these guys who wanted to get saved and it just blessed my heart so much.

Magdalena has a friend from school who is now the mayor or vice-mayor of the city (Koper). Their friendship dissipated when Magdalena started taking drugs; he didn't want anything to do with that. She called him up and told him how she met Jesus, she's clean, she and her husband want to start a rehab and how so many people are starting to come to their house group their little apartment can't hold them all. He gave her a choice of two properties where they can start meeting for house group! He also promised them that they're at the top of the list of organizations who receive money from the city since their Teen Challenge will be the only drug rehab in that area.

I have my next doctor appointment on Thursday and I called to see if Timothy could come too. It's not customary for the husband to be there. The majority of fathers are not active in the family. A lot of them have to work two jobs so in some cases it's understandable. Hopefully this little kid will hold still long enough and in the right position to see some gender! I don't remember feeling Clay move this much. I'm constantly feeling pokes and jabs and several times there's been kicks that take my breath away. It's a strong one!

Several women have told me that I probably have my date wrong and am further along than I thought I was. I get so tired of people telling me my business. "She's too young to know anything." I keep records of everything to do with reproduction and all three ultrasounds have the same date. ...so there!

People at church have also been making comments about Clay being jealous. I've been rebuking them to their faces and telling them not to speak such things over my kid. Then I tell them how much he's going to love his younger siblings and be the best big brother ever. The Slovene's haven't been taught the power of confession, so I'm making it my business to teach them! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

I sort of think it sounds like you might be having a little Christina Hall in there. Let me know what it is on Thursday...don't leave me hanging.

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home