Sunday, June 26, 2005

Just Another Lazy Sunday

The weather has warmed up nicely in Ljubljana. If I wasn't 7 months pregnant I would probably really enjoy it. Last summer I would love to walk to the grocery store around 2:00 in the afternoon b/c the Slovene's were all hiding from the heat. I thought it felt great. It does get pretty warm, but the humidity isn't nearly as bad as what we've lived with in the States.

I've woke up the past two mornings with swollen feet. I really don't enjoy it. It feels funny and it's a little annoying to walk on. I've sat on the couch most of this afternoon with my feet elevated on pillows and drinking water, with the exception of a glass of pink lemonade this evening.

Church was miserable this morning since there isn't air conditioning; not in stores, not in houses, no where. Towards the end I was starting to feel sick and thought I might pass out. Clay threw a temper tantrum right on time (he was too warm too) so I had another reason to leave and find a cooler place.

This evening Timothy took me out for a driving lesson. It didn't last long since the car was low on gas and neither of us had cash on us. Plus, Timothy was bored out of his mind. I was just driving around in circles getting the feel of shifting again. The last time I tried to drive stick was last October.

Now I'm back on the couch with the laptop (thank goodness for wireless internet!), drinking my pink lemonade and researching church websites. Our friend Nana got the idea in her head this morning that our church needs a website so I've been doing some research today. Any suggestions or help are welcome.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Have you looked at Pastor Aaron's website? It's sumnerlife.com I like the layout. I don't have any ideas other than copying someone else. ;)

Sorry it didn't work out for you to get a driving lesson while you were here. Hopefully you'll be up and running soon with that old stick shift.

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home