Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Movin' Right Along

With lots of down time I've gotten my feet down to their normal size. I've also had some help with my emotional well being. Yesterday I had a pedicure and today a hair cut. They don't just wash your hair here. They deeply cleanse and then massage and it takes at least twice the time it usually takes in the States. I love it. Margareta is a good stylist, but I always walk away looking like a mushroom. She wants to give my hair body, but the style is a bit odd. With enough gel I can fix anything.

The pedicure wasn't at all what I was expecting. It was more like going to the podiatrist. She did everything I wanted though without me asking. The skin on my feet has gotten so dry and yucky. She gave me new feet and then didn't even offer to paint my toe nails. I didn't want that b/c I can't reach them if I want to change the color.

I found out at this salon where they do pedicures they also have massage (and acupuncture) for pretty low prices. Timothy and I both need some work done on our backs so we'll be making more appointments. Plus, my 8th visit is 50% off so I could get a one hour massage for $20! Not too bad!

It's been in the lower to mid 80's here. Of course, it's felt about 10 degrees warmer to me. I've had fans on me constantly. I walked by myself to get my haircut this morning and passed an older man on a bike who smiled at me and said, "Bravo." Thanks. I'm thankful for the heat though. I wasn't having a lot of braxton hicks contractions, but I've had some great ones yesterday and today.

Nana and I started on the website tonight. The first thing we need to do is find an affordable program and learn how to use it. Since I'm on the couch quite a bit of the time this will give me stuff to do. Tomorrow I'm handing the house hold stuff over to Ivana; she doesn't know it yet. I know she's stressed and feels pressured because she's in the middle of exams, but I think it will be a good time management lesson for her (which has been the biggest thing we've had to deal with since she's been here). Before you assume I'm being mean, she doesn't have any classes going on right now. She has a psych exam Thursday and a German exam Monday...and she's Slovene. Slovene's just love to worry and work themselves up in my opinion. I could give examples, but I won't right now.

We've received enough monies now to pay for translating the SaveOne material. God is right on time! We've had to rewrite our "constitution" and now it just needs a good looking over and taken back to the government office.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Well, you got new feet and you sound like a new person. It's amazing what a pedicure can do. So glad the translating is set to go. Hope there are no technical hang-ups.

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home