Monday, August 08, 2005

8 August 2005

We're on baby watch! Last night Thad dropped about as low as he can go without starting labor. Now it's just a matter of getting him to come out and see us! I was really hoping it would happen while Karen was here, but he's only got a few hours left. She leaves Tuesday morning.

We went and visited the hospital and met the head midwife, Anita, this morning. It was wonderful! It's all very hands off and Anita was great. She's got a very athletic build, but was friendly and tender; kinda touchy. I liked her immediately and all my questions have been answered. She gave me her phone number so that if we should have any more questions she can answer them. She made it sound like I would be in charge of the process, not the other way around like in the U.S. Oh! She said there are no laws in Slovenia to keep me in the hospital any length of time. I could even leave 3 hours after giving birth! If I should stay the full 3 days, and if we have to pay cash, it would only cost around $1200! That's incredible!

We had a good baby shower yesterday. The husbands ended up sticking around after all. We got another highchair which is a good thing since these chairs grow with the child. We'll end up needing two anyway. We also received diapers, a new outfit and some toys. Aiko said she and Margery would have another shower with the QSI ladies. I don't need a lot of things since we're having another boy, but as Jen Torres says, "Any excuse for a party!"

We've been having a good time with Grandma here. She and Clay have made up new games that just the two of them know about. We were in Piran at the Teen Challenge coffee house meeting Friday night and Karen was praying for one of the guys that was saved recently. While she was praying a jolt of pain hit her that was almost unbearable. I don't think she wanted us to know just how much pain she was in that night. There's still some lingering pain that's been moving around her head, but it's better than it was.

We've moved about half of our things over to the new house, but noticed the painter hadn't finished yet. "Um...what happened to Wednesday?" We're waiting for the landlords to get back from holiday so we can call them and ask when we can finish moving. Everything is sitting there in the garage. Two or three times a day we're having the conversation about whether a certain item is packed and at which house it is. Ah well. Claudia, the daughter, put her old desk and office chair in the new office and Timothy and I are fighting over it. I would have liked it in the family room where I'll be more often. I haven't confessed this to Timothy yet, but I am going to like the desks the way they are better. We seldom have these disagreements and when we do I like to keep them going. It's kind of fun.

He found a car over the internet that I'm disagreeing with him on. It's a 2000 BMW roadster in Germany for about $7000. We don't really fight, we just find any little thing we can to pick on the other about. It's our way of having fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

The countdown huh? Well, I expect to hear that Thad has arrived soon. I'm sure Grandma would like to be there but it will give her another excuse to visit and won't make her quite as sad to leave this time around. Although, I suppose Christina's wedding will be the next time you see her. Keep moving...that boy is bound to become irritated with his surroundings and decide to come out.

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home