Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Ups & Downs

We've had some short, but fun, thunderstorms this evening. I told Ivana if we were in Nashville we'd be turning the weather channel on to see if we need to be heading toward the cellar. She said the only idea she has of tornados is from television and movies. They just don't happen here. That's a good thing. There's not really a place in this house to hide from them!

I got to talk to my best friend Erin last night over Skype. It's been ages since we talked on the phone and we had the same problem we always do: we can't hang up. She's in Walsall, England and due to have a baby the day before me! Isn't that neat? She caught me up on the antics of her two year old twin boys, Sam and Ethan.

I feel myself getting emotional and easily depressed these days. I've been keeping the Bible handy to pick up when I know the hormones are charging in. I just read until I can't read anymore and then my attitude is usually better. Only eight or so more weeks to go; six if I'm a good girl! I have my next appointment tomorrow and she should be giving me information for the head midwives at the hospitals so I can decide where to deliver.

Wherever I go I'm almost certain that they'll be glad to see me leave! They dress newborn babies in about four layers of clothes here; similar to swaddling. They are not putting my kid in that much clothing in the middle of August when there's no AC! This is going to be a real test for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

maybe it won't be as bad as you think. I'm sure Slovenians can be reasonable too.

5:15 AM  
Blogger Kristy Jo said...

You might be surprised.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home