Thursday, August 11, 2005

First Night in the New House

We've woke up to our first morning at the new house. We are definitely out in the country! I like it. We converted Clay's bed to the toddler phase before turning in last night. He woke up around 2:30 very upset. After an hour of trying to help him figure this new world out I sat him on the bed, closed his door and turned out the lights. He didn't cry long and he's sleeping in this morning. We have a night light, but it was left at the other house.

Ava and April arrived from North Carolina yesterday afternoon. They were very tired and were so thankful to go to bed last night. They got to sleep on brand new mattresses. The mattresses on our bed, we discovered at bed time, were anything but new. OUCH!

My kitchen is pretty much put together and functioning and by the end of the day I hope to have our bedrooms and bathrooms in the same situation.

Clay has become fascinated with the Veggie Tales theme song. Actually, I'm wondering if it's the constant staccato sounds that the song begins with. He still will not enunciate his words, but sometimes the noises he makes really do sound correct and he is able to follow the rhythm almost perfectly.

Thadeus is still showing no signs of hurry. It would be nice to have things settled here a bit more before he arrives. Timothy has pretty much decided on a second vehicle, but I'll wait to announce that until we're 100%. We've got furniture to buy, curtains and pillows to make, and things to figure out what to do with! It was really nice to unpack pictures and other items I haven't been able to display in years and not be sure which room to put them in. I have options!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Ahhh, space. I love it. Hope Ava and April have a great time and that you can put them to work...I'm sure they won't be happy otherwise. How long will they be there?

5:32 AM  
Blogger Tisra said...

So glad you're still posting. Each time a few days pass before an update I wonder if Thad has shown up.Congrats on the house; you must feel such peace now that it is official and you're settling in.

The boys are actually listening to a Veggie Tales CD right now. But I have no idea what staccato is. "Hi, my name is Tisra and I live in Music City but am music illiterate." :-)

7:04 AM  
Blogger Kristy Jo said...

Ava and April are here until the 23rd.

Staccato is that short even beat at the beginning of the song.

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home