Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Still No Deliveries

Thad still seems to be content where he is. I went with Ava and April for a two mile walk yesterday, but he still wasn't convinced. I am anything but content at the moment. I'm having a lot of trouble with carpal tunnel and have to spend the first half hour of every morning waking up my right hand.

He is dropped and I believe engaged, now we just have to get the real process started. Every evening I'm having harder and harder contractions so every evening we're setting out clothes in case Timothy and I have to hurry to the hospital in the middle of the night. Every morning I get out of bed almost in tears b/c of aches, pains and frustrations.

Clay spent last evening with the Gilson kids. He had gone there with Ivana and April to pick up Timothy, but then he didn't want to leave! That's progress. He's moving out of that "Mommy/Daddy" dependency just in time! He's been doing the same thing at other people's houses also. Timothy let him stay since Ivana had gone there to do yard work for Aiko (who is 4 months pregnant) and Kevin brought the two of them home when she was done. Clay smelled of fish having had a proper Japanese dinner!

Last night I slept on the twin bed that was in Clay's room that's been moved to the family room. The bed in our room is so low to the floor I have to reach out and grab on to the radiator to pull myself out. Today I'm going to have Ivana and April move it, along with the bassinet, to the living room on the main floor. It makes the most sense for me to be in the most central location when I get home from the hospital. The bathtub and other necessities are on this floor as well.

My friend Erin in Walsall, England and I have been in a race to see who would have their baby first. She was due 20 of August and I'm due on the 21. She won. Her new son Judah was born the evening of the 12. I was hoping that I would deliver on the 13 to keep the pattern going. I can't wait for her to tell me what her twin sons have to say about it all! Their logic provides much entertainment.

Ava and I looked around the house yesterday and she commented that no one would guess we just moved in last Thursday! Yesterday I got the office organized so I feel comfortable working in here now. Now I'll enter our bills and receipts and other things that are my responsibility! Yes, I might even blog again! I can't work in a cluttered environment. It drives me crazy. Hopefully I'll have a washing machine by the end of the day. I personally don't have any energy or desire to lift a finger around the house, but I might just try being a little bossy for once and ask everyone else here to do things! Since they're here they might as well do something!

I do feel bad for April. With the baby situation and car situation she's not able to go out and see as many things as we'd hoped. That's another reason I want Thadeus to come now. I don't want her to go home feeling like she'd wasted her time in coming.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

You're close! You're very close! I wouldn't be surprised if you are laboring right now. Please call us or have Ava or April call us...I know you will but I want to be sure that you don't think it's too late or too early...don't worry about that. Dad's here and asks me every day if I've heard anything. He and Joel are going to St. Louis today but we'll be able to call them on Joel's cell. Come on little one!

5:30 AM  
Blogger Tisra said...

I remember that feeling of desperation all too well. You have no other choice but to hang in there and wait and it can be sooo frustrating. And hearing that your friend had her baby first is like rubbing it in, isn't it? Been there twice, too. I look forward to seeing photos of him.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Tisra said...

No post today? Does that mean he's here?

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home