Thursday, November 17, 2005

Prayer Request

This coming Saturday is a one-day women's conference and I am to present SaveOne publicly for the first time. I have fifteen to twenty minutes to introduce the ministry and our goals for the future. There will probably be 100 ladies at the Baptist church from all over Slovenia. Barbara Telzerow really had to fight to get me that much time. The Baptist minister's wife doesn't see this as being very relevant for ladies in the church and the Baptist church usually hosts these conferences.

Anyway, I'm nervous. I've never done a lot of public speaking. Also, this is it. Once we make this announcement there's no going back. I'm expecting a copy of the SaveOne brochure in Slovene arriving in my inbox any moment. The big prayer request is that we'll be ready. For the time being Ivana's cell phone number will be our contact reference. Slovene's are such a closed people we think it's important to keep everything as private as possible. So many times in the beginning of a ministry there are cracks for people to fall through. We really can't afford to lose a single person who comes to us for help.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tisra said...

Wow! How exciting. God is going to do amazing things with this. Walk boldly when doing what He's asked you to do.

6:04 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I'll be praying. I know that God wants these women to receive help and I know that SaveOne is a ministry that is answering that call. You have nothing to be nervous about...let God do the convincing. Easy for me to say right?

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home