Sunday, February 05, 2006

O Happy Day!

I found out Wednesday evening that I have a new niece. Adia "Faith" Bowen, the smartest little girl ever, was born to my sister Becky. She can't wait to meet me. From what I understand her older brother and sisters are gaga for her and Landis was good enough to offer tips to help Becky while she was in labor. He's pretty educated for five years.

We were down at the coast yesterday; almost all night too. Some friends of ours, Damjan and Tatjana, got married and it was a traditional wedding, for the most part. We had a beautiful day for it, but very windy. Driving home last night...this morning, there were advisories b/c the wind was over 100 kilometers/hour. First, there was the legal/civil wedding, which took about 10 minutes, and then the Christian wedding. After that everyone went to a hotel for a six course dinner and salsa dancing. I got some great video of Clay trying to salsa. It’s normal for weddings to last all night here, but down in Serbia they last three days! The hotel was nice enough to let us use a room for the evening where I could go and feed Thad and change diapers in privacy. We didn’t have church this morning so we got to sleep in a little. Everyone got naps today except me. Pity me, please. I'll send pictures of the wedding in one of my photo albums very soon.

Another couple was there from our church that we hadn't seen in months. They've been trying to get pregnant for the past year. Recently we heard that she's had extreme morning sickness and she hasn't gone anywhere and even wanted to talk to people she's been feeling so horrible. She's three months pregnant and showed me the first ultra sound picture from Friday. Congratulations, Delores and Bostjan!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Owen has been asking about Clay and Fadius lately. Sounds like a fun time at the wedding and more excitement to come with more babies and events. Sheila is so excited about going over there.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home