Tuesday, April 25, 2006



Hey look at that! A picture on my post! This is from the wedding Saturday. This is a picture of the groom giving his testimony. This was a very different wedding. The whole point was to put Jesus Christ in people's faces. We enjoyed it.

I first walked into this church over a year and a half ago. From that time I've had ideas of what a beautiful wedding setting it makes. I got to make my ideas a reality! Nana and Matjaz (the bride and groom) didn't see the church until they walked in for the wedding. That was the really cool part for me. I'd told them my ideas, but when they saw it they were wowed. Okay, Nana was more than wowed. It made her break down and cry so it took her a minute to get down the aisle. They told me they were only able to spend $50! I added what I could and the church bought some of the decorations for future use. The most beautiful piece in my opinion was the rug. It belongs to Sally and I have always admired it. It was perfect for this.

Timothy was an awesome help, running errands, climbing ladders, hanging red "stuff" and watching Clay. Ivana was able to see how the fabric should look and helped in that area. I just knew I wanted it up there, I didn't know how to get it there.

Of course, I'll send a few more pictures of the wedding with the next album I send. One funny thing I have to tell though, several of our friends from Austria were there and one of the girls had on a tight, low-cut dress. She stopped to talk to Timothy, but Timothy got away as quick as he could. He told me later he's just going to start telling women, "Look, I'd love to stay here and chat to you, but with a dress like that it gives people the wrong idea."

Thadeus now has two teeth and tried to pull up on something today! Unfortunately, it was the clothes basket so he fell right back down and bumped his head, but it wasn't anything major. He also got his first disciplinary smack today. He was playing with something I didn't want him to have so I pulled him away, took his little hand and gave it a "firm" pat while saying, "No, no." His eyes turned red and watery and his bottom lip came out. The overall expression said, "How could you do this to me?" I turned my back because I had to laugh.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Can't wait to see pics of the Bride. The church does look nice, I'm glad they appreciated it so much.

Poor little Thad. I had to spank Owen today...I won't even go into why...too long and painful. How's Clay doing on potty training?

11:03 AM  
Blogger Tisra said...

$50 budget- good for you! I'm sure it was heartfelt and lovely and that they appreciated all your hard work. More pictures?

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home