Saturday, April 01, 2006

Bad Movies

We watched Syriana last night. It has been here in the theater for a while now, but last night was the first "date night" we've had in a long time. I guess if you're more knowledgeable about politics and into the history of the 1980's and what all happened (the movie isn't set in the eighties, but there are definite references) it might be a bit more interesting. For us it was a bit depressing.

We stayed up and watched Proof Thursday night. In the words of my favorite comedian, "If you get a chance to do that, pass on that." Why do the stupid movies always win the awards? There was absolutely no point and no closure in that melodramatic, Gwyneth Paltrow-trying-to-pass-for-a-27-year-old movie.

Anyway... We taught Thadeus to lift his hands in the air when we say Praise the Lord. He's been sitting at the table with us for meals and he'll lift his arms and beat the table so I lifted my arms way up high and said, "Praise the Lord!" Timothy and Ivana did it too (it was breakfast and Clay wasn't up yet) and Thad just looked around enjoying the game we were playing.

At lunch he looked at me with an obvious "the wheels are turning in my little brain" look. Then he smiles and lifts his arms up high! Ah! Then we all had to do it and say "Praise the Lord!"

Yesterday we went to visit Lucija and Baby Vita. Thadeus waited until he had Lucija's attention and lifted his hands, BUT he kept his head kind of down and to the side in a very bashful showing off move. It was adorable! Lucija didn't know what he was doing, but my heart was melted.

We went shopping to get Clay a jacket. He has a rain coat, but those stiff coats aren't really good for playing in. We went to H&M (that's for Christina) and looked around and about the time I spotted a rack of emerald green jackets Clay sees them too and says, "Daddy's jacket!" Timothy's jacket is green. I love how he relates everything to his dad, so we got the jacket.

The other day we were working in the flower beds at the front of the house and a red car goes by that is the sedan version of Timothy's red car. Clay went nuts! "Daddy! Daddy's home!" He took off running after the car and when it stopped and an old man got out he wasn't quite sure what to do. He found some rocks to throw so it ended okay.

We've hit a new level of testing with Clay though. It seems like no matter what I say he's determined to do the opposite! I know this is natural and I've really worked at being firm but gracious, but it's driving me nuts.

It's beautiful this morning, but there's a chance it won't stay this way. I want to get into the garden while I can...

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Just had a rowe with Owen this morning too. He is determined at times to see if he can do it his way despite what I say. Grrr.

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home