Thursday, March 30, 2006

I Love Slovenia

After all my complaining yesterday the weather was beautiful. It was still too cloudy to have a view of the eclipse and we even had a little thunder shower. It was very little though and rained softly for just an hour.

The boys and I went outside for about an hour so that I could work in the garden. Clay played and picked flowers and Thad sat on a blanket in the sun and watched us and played. This was the first time he enjoyed being out of doors. Today is supposed to be nice again and I'm hoping we can repeat the process.

The neighbors are all getting their gardens ready for planting, but I think it seems a little early. There's still frost on the garden this morning and it was supposed to get down to freezing again last night. But, these Slovene's can be more competitive about their gardens than the Amish. They're all trying to outdo each other with flowers and all that. Crazy. The boys didn't want to go to sleep last night. Once I did get them to bed Clay fell out of his bed and woke Thadeus up too. I was here by myself and decided not to fight them. I got them both up and put on Mary Poppins. Thad was sleepy in ten minutes, but Clay and I stayed up for a while and it was almost 10 o'clock when Timothy came in and we all went to bed. I want to get Clay up early this morning, poor guy.

Clay is into spanking right now. We don’t spank him that often; only when he’s outright rebellious which doesn’t happen too often. I’m always so proud to take him out in public b/c people are amazed that I can give him instructions and he follows them. I make sure to tell him later how glad that makes us and what a blessing he is to Mommy and Daddy. The other day he was annoyed about something. I think Ivana had told him he couldn’t have something or wasn’t allowed to do whatever. He pushed me into a corner and I played along b/c I thought it was a new game. Then he sticks his index finger out at me (I have a very bad habit of scolding with my finger) and said I was going to “get pankin’, Mommy.” Uh…no. I explained spankings again and this made him even more upset so he did his drama routine. He threw himself on the floor (melodrama, a lot of melodrama) and then complained of a hurt knee in need of prayer. The only time we don’t pray for the ouchies, even the made up ones, is when the ouchy is a result of a spanking. Those are supposed to hurt.

Thad woke up wheezing and coughing this morning. I'm not sure what to do for him other than let it run its course. You can't really explain to a seven month old how to spit that junk out.

I have an appointment with a driving school instructor this morning and may even have to take a practice drive. I need to get my Slovene license before the end of April. If I don't then I have to go through the whole school. As it is I just need to practice and then take a driving test, get a physical, eye exam and...I think that's it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tisra said...

What are the differences between Slovene driving and American? Do they drive on the left or right? Are the symbols and signs rather straightforward? Are the roads narrow?

My only experience has been with France and England and I never drive. Eric has done the driving in the UK the past two times, though, without much trouble. He's great. I don't know as I could do it as comfortably as he does (I guess that's why I never add my name to the rental). I love roundabouts. Do you have roundabouts? :-)

9:40 AM  
Blogger Kristy Jo said...

There's not a lot of difference. They're more aggressive here than in Nashville, but most people are cool about it. Not nearly as much road rage. I just never learned to drive stick in the U.S. and now I'm having to learn in a foreign country. The signs are pretty easy to figure out and the roads are very narrow and curvey. Especially where we live in the boon dox. To make our road here a bit more complicated, we're on a bus route so at times we've had to pass a large tour bus on a one lane road. That's been fun... I think men are just naturally better drivers. Must be the testosterone!

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home