Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Getting To Know You

Last night Thadeus wouldn't settle down at bedtime. This is highly unusual for the little guy. He may fuss or complain for a few minutes, but last night it was going on and on. Then Clay was getting annoyed so he started crying too. Finally I went up there, picked Thad up and sat on Clay's bed. Thadeus started sucking on my robe and was out in minutes. This is when I realized that I hadn't given him his blanket. I didn't think he needed it b/c he had a sleeping bag on, but I realized that is how he puts himself to sleep, by sucking on his blanket. Clay had a pacifier, Thadeus has a blanket. Okay.

After Thadeus was sleeping it was easier for Clay to settle down. He's been chanting at bedtime, "No sleep. No sleep." I told him he is not to go to sleep! I also told him he had to stay on his bed and not make any noise, which he agreed to, but on no uncertain terms was he to even close his eyes. The reverse psychology is beginning to work with him.

I have Driving School again this morning. My instructor lives close to us so she'll pick me up and we'll drive back here. I have my exam on Friday morning. Pray for me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

I did something similar with Owen the other night. I told him to lay very still and see how high he could count. Very quiet in that room until sleep came. Also, last night he didn't want to leave the church nursery so I asked him if he would please help me find my car..."oh, yes!"

5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home