Sunday, April 02, 2006

Mommy-hood

Thad and I stayed home from church this morning. He's feverish, runny nose, wheezy...you know; typical teething baby stuff. He's a little more playful this morning which is nice. He's here on my lap and trying to help type.

I've been trimming the evergreen trees at the front of our property. It was a small jungle out there when we first moved in, but slowly it's getting under control. I'll finish trimming today and get some grass seed this week to finish off that area. I'd like to get a nice bench to put there. It would be a lovely outside reading area. Maybe I'll take a picture so ya'll can see what I'm talking about.

We went to Jim and Margery Gilson's for dinner yesterday evening. Clay got to wear his new jacket but didn't want to put it on at first b/c he thought it really was Daddy's jacket. I showed him how it wouldn't fit a grown up and so he tried it. He ended up really liking it. He's so particular about clothing and shoes. I put his dress shoes on him to go to church and he had a fit b/c it wasn't his sneakers. He complained that they were uncomfortable, but I'm not sure I believed him. I told Ivana she could change them if he was still complaining later.

Clay went with Ivana to church and then they'll go to a birthday party for one of the little boys. Clay is going to his first birthday party without me! Ivana made sure to tell everyone, even the non-interested parties, she would probably be late getting to the party b/c Peter would be coming to our church this morning so she was going to stay behind to be with him. "Ah, Scarlet! Will you be forever seventeen?" I have days when I'm a complete Troyer and want to shake her and tell her to quit acting like a child (she's 25).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home