Wednesday, March 16, 2005

It's Been A While...

My new friend, Kristin, called me on Monday. She had been watching Joyce Meyer on Sunday and it made her think of me. She reminds me of a mix between my cousin Shannon Runyon and my good friend Chasity Whisman. A strong amount of intelligence mixed with non stop talking and enthusiasm. Kristin is an Adventist, but doesn't seem to be the religious type. She was interested in what our church was like and said on Sundays she watches Joyce Meyer, Focus on the Family and Creflow Dollar! So, she's an almost Spirit-filled Adventist. I told her that I got to watch the church we came from in Nashville over the internet and she wanted that link too! How appropriate that Pastor Davis is preaching on the Holy Spirit. She said again that she would like us to come to their place for a weekend and I need to let her know what our plans are since we're gone the next couple weekends.

My friend Lucija called yesterday afternoon to say that her husband was working late and it was too nice of a day to sit at home by herself. She picked up Ivana, Clay and I and we all went into the city for cake. Well, Clay had ice cream. We had to stop at a craft shop for Ivana to buy some paper for her drawing class that evening. Wow! It was a mini version of Michaels or Joannes, minus sewing and silk flowers. I loved it! I got the card so I can go back and spend all my allowance.

Just when Clay reached that point of being able to play by himself really nicely he changes his mind. He doesn't want to play by himself lately. It's hard to blame a kid for being like that, but it's so wonderful for the mom when they do! If I ignore him he gets distracted with something else, but I feel so mean!

I have a lot to do today anyway. Ivana isn't here so I get to do my own housework again. Aiko's cleaning lady quit on her so I asked Ivana if she'd want to do it. After she goes there this morning she's going to have lunch with her cousin and grandparents' so we won't see her until tonight sometime. Having her here gets easier all the time, but it's still nice when I have a day of normalcy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home