Sunday, March 20, 2005

We just came off of a great weekend. We went to a small village named Vache' which is located in the exact center of Slovenia. Tom and Terry Bremer, the European directors of Teen Challenge came to do a marriage conference. They used a lot of the information found in the book His Needs Her Needs. Timothy and I had read that when we were engaged and it was nice to have a refresher.

Tom also shared a lot from other sources and there was so much that was completely new to us. For instance, my favorite part, Eve was created to be a help and companion to Adam, but if you look at the timing she was created after all the work was done! She was created at a time of rest. I thought, that's why us girls love to be pampered and go to spas and...rest! I think we're going to get an MP3 of all the sessions this weekend and I would be happy to share that with anyone else who is interested.

On a not so cheerful note, I'm having a hard time controlling my emotions this pregnancy. Timothy says it was just as bad last time, but I don't remember it being so. It seems like all he has to do is open his mouth and I'm angry and hurt at what he said. This morning Clay didn't help me any. After spending the weekend with Ivana he feels closer to her and this morning he walks right past me and reaches for her!

Yesterday in church I was sitting listening to the music warm up and thought about Grace, Landis and Hope sitting at Cornerstone on a Sunday morning before church and singing along. I almost burst out in tears!

I prayed about a way to handle these emotions and the best idea, I believe, is for me to shut myself away in my bedroom to read and pray until I can see things more clearly. I doesn't usually take that long if I'm reading in Psalms. We'll see.

March is almost over already and then it's only a month until we go to the States. We planned some dates, but I'm not happy with them now. It means Timothy would be in Nashville less than in North Carolina and that doesn't sound like a good idea at all since there are more people in Nashville we would want to see than in NC. We may have to do some refiguring.

The next two weekends are going to make the time before we leave seem even shorter. This weekend we're going north to spend time with Lucija's family. They are so very close to becoming Christians and I know it will be worth the investment. Ram and Sally are going too so it should be a fun weekend. Next weekend we're going to the coast to be with our friends down there. They video taped the marriage conference and have the equipment to turn the cassette into DVD, but not the knowledge. Everyone believes Timothy and I to be the computer guru's at church (that's a laugh) so we're the ones who get called on for things like this. Also, they've been wanting us to come back down for quite a while. We see them in church of Sundays, but when you live an hour away from each other that's not enough.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Let me know when you get the mp3 from your retreat. I would enjoy hearing it. His Needs Her Needs is our favorite book you know.

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home