Thursday, March 24, 2005

24 March 2005

People have been telling me how different it will be when I have two kids. Some days it feels like I already do have two kids, one is just a little more grown up and I didn't give birth to her. This morning I'm scrubbing a pan that was left in the oven Tuesday night and the mess that baked on it is determined to stay on it. Halfway through the scrubbing I wondered, "Why am I doing this?" First of all, it's been sitting there for two days when Ivana knew that it had baked on food. Two, why didn't she do this when it was hot and this stuff could have come off easily? Tomorrow morning when I get the daily question, "Is there something I can do for you?" I'm going to say, "Yes, there is. You can make this pan, that doesn't belong to me, look the way it did when you put it in the oven." ...had to vent.

Clay has been cracking us up lately. He's experimenting with all of his new abilities. His favorite thing to make us laugh is to walk with his feet as far apart as possible, bent knees and bending some. Then he says something like "blah" over and over, but in a deep voice from the back of his throat.

He got new shoes yesterday. I've not been my usual dirt cheap self when it comes to his shoes. I buy $25 shoes and make sure they can be boy or girl. Maybe that is cheap; I'm hoping to just buy kids' shoes once. Timothy's boss gave me an idea. She was one of six kids growing up in Canada and each year she said her mom would polish over their ice skates. One year a certain pair would be black and the next year that same pair might very well be white. hmm Good thinking!

I finally found a maternity store that sells normal color tights and hose. Why would I want colored tights when I'm pregnant? A pregnant woman stands out enough, and while she wants to be dressed well, it's not really the time to look like a drag queen. Clay picked up a nursing bra at the same place, but it wasn't his size.

My doctor's appointment didn't go as we'd hoped yesterday. We want to know if this is a boy or girl, but the child is so active we couldn't tell. I was hoping my next child would be more calm and my dad could enjoy holding him or her more than he did with Clay. *sigh* Maybe Baby will calm down yet. Maybe they just really enjoy the water.

We have company again tonight so I need to clean the house and make supper and chocolate chip cookies. I still haven't found chocolate chips, even though people keep telling me I can buy them here. I've been buying bars of baking chocolate and chopping them up. Thank goodness for food processors.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

I guess Ivana doesn't read your blog.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home