Friday, February 24, 2006

Drustvo ResitiEno Mednarodno

The conference we're hosting for the time that Sheila will be here is coming together nicely along with the finishing touches on the book. Last night we met with our "middle man/graphics guy" at Studio Oko and once we get a couple items to him and he registers the book for us it will go off to the printer, probably on Monday. We're only ordering 100 books to begin with. Five of those have to go to the national library, we'll give one to Sheila for the SaveOne headquarters and hopefully we'll be selling the rest at the conference with just enough to spare to have our first class.

We've sent word out all over Slovenia about the conference and given Ivana the task of calling pastors and making sure they're announcing this in their church and making use of the flyers we've mailed. I'm going to talk about the ministry at a lady's bible study next Monday. Since the women are Christians I haven't had any "nudging" to share for the whole time, just present the ministry and ask for help.

Sheila sent out her regular newsletter from SaveOne and it gave a little more information about what she'll be doing in The Netherlands and Germany. The Netherlands is actually considering changing some of their abortion laws! Once she gets here she mentioned that she may be asking us to oversee new chapters in Germany at least. "European Directors." I have to laugh.

I used to feel guilty after Timothy and I went through the class. We were seldom in a position to support the ministry financially and whenever there were things to do I didn't have the time. I think I went to Sheila's to stuff envelopes one Saturday morning. And now, we're making up for our inactivity.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Melissa Weber was stuffing envelopes for Sheila this week and it was the first she knew of your involvement in Save One. I think I'll forward her this entry.

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home