Monday, May 08, 2006

A House of Righteousness

Timothy went to Zagreb, Croatia with Steve Telzerow after church yesterday. Steve was going down to visit one of the churches and Timothy offered to go along for the ride. I think I woke up around 11:30 last night when he got in. I hope he has some good stories to share. We haven't talked yet this morning so I feel like I haven't seen him in days.

Last week Timothy got convicted about all of our pirated movies and music. He asked me for a couple bags and into the trash they all went! Woo Hoo! This is something I've prayed for. I didn't like it, and said so. After I had my say I prayed and then left it up to God to do the rest. I was so proud of him for acting on it completely as soon as he was convicted. He told Ivana if she had anything in this house that was pirated she was to do the same. She made a list first of everything she'll want to buy! I also have a list of movies I would like to purchase.

I hadn't written anything about Ivana lately... At the wedding three weeks ago, the pastors from Nova Gorica and much of that church family came. Ivana's boyfriend, Peter, is living with the pastor since his return from the center in Spain. The pastor and his wife stopped Timothy during the reception to discuss what they've been seeing. I won't go in to all of that, but Ivana and Peter have been told they need to cool their engines. After many discussions Ivana has agreed that she needs to give him a lot of space right now. She's not talking to him on the phone or anything. She says she doesn't understand (which confuses me b/c if you see the whole situation I don't know what there is to not understand) but she also said she's willing to make a step of faith.

We haven't said, "You may not call him, talk to him, see him, etc." We have said that it would be best for him to completely leave him alone, but then we left the door open for her to make her own decisions. We didn't discuss this once and then leave it at that, but we've brought it up several times and talked until we were all on the same page. She's also been talking to Barbara Telzerow which helps her a lot.

Sometimes we worry because if we give the slightest hint of a suggestion Ivana takes it and runs with it. I worry that the center in Spain taught her the wrong kind of submission and that someday it will get her into trouble. So, I'm also trying to teach her to get confirmation for things from two or three "witnesses". Timothy and I are both starting to feel like her level of maturity is growing to where she's becoming a peer and not a daughter. When she came to us she was about 15 and in the past year and a half she's grown about 10 years. Then, so have we!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tisra said...

Lots going on! Sounds like Ivana has some great mentors around her that will help her become the strong woman of God that she needs to be- how exciting to have people care so much about your spiritual development!

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home