Friday, May 26, 2006

My Babies are Growing

We're potty training. It wasn't something I intended to do this summer, but from what I've been reading it is time. The biggest clue I read about was when the word "No!" was used frequently, or all the time, by the child. Yep, that is Clay's favorite word it seems. I'm not totally sure he understands the concept, but he does hate it when he has an accident so we're building on that.

I've caught him a couple times with wet pants on today trying to push a bench up to the toilet. Maybe he is getting it.

Last night at bedtime he was protesting, but mixing his Slovene and English. He usually says, "No bed." Last night he was saying, "konets (end, stop, finish) bed".

Thadeus is working on more teeth so the bibs are back out. He drools so much when he's teething! He also seems to have a great disinterest in nursing this week. I'm steaming some carrots and apples for him while I type. I did that once before and he seemed to really enjoy them. I think he wants to be involved more and more in whatever Clay is doing. So unless he's so tired he's about to fall asleep or we're alone in a dark and quiet room he just isn't interested.

He's more interested in other people in general. He's figuring out that Daddy is a lot of fun because when Daddy is holding him he gets thrown up in the air. He's got it figured out that Ivana will cater to his every need and therefore enjoys her company too. Mommy is no longer his one and only resource for joy. ...I'm taking it in stride:(

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

What a cute picture. I hope you have better luck with Clay potty training than I've had with Owen. I will probably try again in a week or two.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home