Tuesday, May 16, 2006

"What's up, Doc?"


I had a checkup with my doctor. She wants me to go get my blood sugar tested b/c Thadeus was such a big baby. I don't want to go, but I might anyway. I've never had my sugar tested and maybe it wouldn't hurt? I'm sure they won't find anything out of the ordinary.

I hate going so long with no post. I think of things daily to write about, but it's a matter of finding the time to actually sit down and type. Ivana's school schedule has let up quite a bit. She won't be able to take the week-long 'matura' this month as planned, but she will still finish her GED in time to start university this fall. The matura is a week of exams that are needed before "graduating". I guess it would be like our SAT or ACT.

Clay has learned to shrug his shoulders and say, "I don't know." when asked a question. Thadeus is trying to wave. The farmer's horse has had a colt. My spinach, lettuce, carrots and onions are coming up nicely. I tried to plant grass where I cut the trees up, but I'm starting to have my doubts about that.

We finally had the dreaded meeting with our landlord last night. It went remarkably well. I feel like we can walk away from the table without having that pretend niceness with her. She said that she realizes that the contracts have been signed, this is the way it is and she's not going to push us out the door. We are still trying to look for something to purchase and Timothy went to the bank this week to see what will be required of us. The hardest part will be that we'll need 30% of whatever the cost is for a down payment. With housing prices what they are in Ljubljana that's no small potatoes. Anyway, it feels like the pressure is off for us to get out in a hurry and we can take our time to find the right house for us in the right location.

Sunday we went to look at the space our church plans on buying. It's only a couple miles from where our QSI school is going to move to, which is only a few miles more from where Timothy's office is. Everyone is so excited about this church move. Our friend Romana, who is disabled due to severe arthritis, was so funny. Timothy said something about having an elevator since the property we're going to buy is not on the ground floor. She said to him, "No, we'll have a healing service outside and people can walk up on their own."

The place we're meeting in now is a dance school during the week and there's a disco ball hanging from the middle of the room. I told Romana that we're going to buy a disco ball and hang it from the middle of the new sanctuary for the first service in the new place. She told me to leave Egypt behind! What a quick wit! She's a great person.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

I definitely think you should do the disco ball. I mean who wouldn't think that's funny just for one service? Owen and I looked at the pictures you sent this morning. He loved seeing Clay on the playground. He kept whispering what he was seeing "There's Clay on the slide...there's Clay on the playground."

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home