Friday, June 23, 2006

Our Temporary Child, Continued

First of all, let me just say, five years ago today I married the greatest guy ever! Happy anniversary, Honey. I love you.

The final chapter of the story goes like this... When the girls left our place Monday evening I called Ivana right away and told her that if they needed anything to call us no matter what time; I would keep the phone by our bed.

She took me at my word and I got a wake up call at 5 a.m. Tuesday morning from Ivana who was very close to tears. Alexandra was sitting in the car in the parking lot, in the Milan airport, refusing to get out and giving the story that she just wanted to see if they would really drive her there. She was demanding to be brought back here and calling Ivana every name in the book.

I asked Ivana to calm down, reminded her not to respond to anything Alexandra had to say and asked if Alexandra was listening, or at least civil, to anyone in their party. Yes, she was being nice to Marko. The poor girl was obviously frightened out of her wits, proving to us she'd never been on a plane before so that was another lie, but this was actually good. Marko was able to pray with her and get her calmed down. Ivana, Judita and Marko stayed with her until the security point which is what I wanted. Figuring she'd never flown before I knew she'd be too scared to realize she could still leave at any time. She'd be focused on the security personnel!

The three amigos went back to the desk after her plane was supposed to have taken off and made sure she got on. Yes, they confirmed she did so they were able to drive away from the airport feeling like they'd accomplished their mission.

Ivana called the center in Spain later on Tuesday and they said she'd gotten there and was even feeling pretty happy with things. Since Alexandra's family doesn't know where she is (she wanted it that way) Ivana has special calling rights. It also helps that the girls in charge there know Ivana and that she had left their center on good terms.

After we got the phone call from Ivana saying everything had gone smoothly after Marko's prayer I was able to finally take that big sigh of relief that had been waiting to get out for so long. Burden lifted.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Poor girls. I am sure she will grow a lot while she is there. Ivana has probably seen a little of what she used to be through this too and will appreciate even more what she has become.

10:14 AM  
Blogger TAB said...

Happy Anniversary (Ya'll)! I can't believe it has been 5 years already! Wow. What an awesome story, I know that this will be a turning point in her life and I praise God you were there to help her! Love ya!

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home