Thursday, June 01, 2006

1 June 2006

I finally got to go meet with the homeopathic doctor that I'd met last winter. Timothy warned me that if I see anything in her office to indicate she's into the New Age or Bio-energy to turn around and walk right out. I'm so happy to say that I didn't see anything. She's your typical Roman Catholic with pictures of Mary (better known as the goddess Diana) and a saint or two on her walls. While this still isn't good it's what we'd expect from any doctor here and "manageable". She thinks my stomach issues are stress related and gave me three different homeopathic medicines to take three times a day. I'm going to google them today to find out exactly what they are, but all in all I'm very happy. (Do you think Noah Webster ever imagined a verb like ‘google’?) She and I will meet again next week to see if there's been any changes. She also gave me something for Thadeus' teething. It's basically what I gave Clay when he was a baby (chamomile), but that bottle is so old I hate giving to Thad now.

We may have found a house to buy. The couple who started building ran out of money so it's only bare brick walls, cement floors and the roof. We love the floor plan and with a couple more walls it will have enough bedrooms. The issue is price. They want quite a bit for it and we're really going to have to low ball them. Please pray for favor for us. I'm trying not to think about it too much and therefore not get my hopes up. If this is the house God has for us then we'll get in and finish the house for a good price. If not, He'll direct us somewhere else. For any of you who really know me, you know how hard this is for me. I like to think on something and chew it up, spit it out, put it back in my mouth and chew on it some more. I'm really doing much better this time and I hope it stays this way.

Have I told you about Clay's shoes? Clay loves his soccer shoes. He was wearing a pair of Caleb Gilson's old shoes, but they were starting to get tight so we went to the store a couple weeks ago to get new shoes. I'd warned him before hand because he loved that old pair of shoes too. Clay sat in his stroller while I looked for a good pair of shoes. Unfortunately, at his level were the girls' shoes. He chose a pair he liked right away...of girls' shoes. At first I had a little difficulty getting him to look at the boys' shoes I'd chosen. He liked the pair with the pretty pink laces and sparkles on them. That wasn't about to happen. "Clay, these shoes Mommy has are special soccer shoes!" There goes the pretty pair; hello soccer shoes!

I made the mistake of buying two sizes too big. I think it's because of this that Clay insists on wearing his new special soccer shoes on the wrong feet. But, he wears his Bob the Builder house shoes on the wrong feet too, so maybe it's a phase.

All day long Clay is changing shoes, putting one pair on, taking the other somewhere safe. I haven't figured out his system yet, but the guy really loves his shoes. The other evening we got home from somewhere and Timothy took his shoes off in the entryway. Clay did likewise and put his shoes right up next to Daddy's. It was sweet, and you know Timothy loved it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tisra said...

The house sounds like a loft space- exposed brick and in need of walls. If this isn't it, God's got the right place for you somewhere. Stop that chewing!

The shoe thing is too funny and terribly sweet. I love the little perfect moments like that. I just want to bottle them up and keep them forever!

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home