Thursday, July 06, 2006

So far on our trip...

Our twenty-four hour trip to the U.S. was..."right on time". We got to the first three of our four gates just as our planes were boarding. The layover in Minneapolis was something like six hours so while we were there we took the train to the Mall of America. That was neat, but we only saw a fraction of it. We were sooooo tired! Karen did get a manicure and pedicure there and I sat with Thadeus in one of the massage chairs beside her.

Clay loved being on airplanes! We made sure he had a window seat on each flight so he could have the best view. The guy is sold.

We're at the Best Western in Minot, North Dakota. There's a pool and hot tub and I saw a chiropractic office down the road and went there the other day. The weather is mild and wonderful, but the farmers are starting to complain about the lack of rain. We think it's beautiful; rolling green hills going on for miles and miles. I used to love this country, but now that I live so close to the mountains I would get tired of the prairie.

One cute story, whenever we say grace Karen will sigh and say, "Halleluja." Monday Timothy, the boys and I went to lunch just the four of us. When Timothy started praying Clay mimicked his Grandma exactly! "Mmm...halleluja."

Christina, or Aunt Spanky, flies in this morning and her husband Barry will arrive tonight. Then our little family will be all together.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Sounds very nice. We'll see you all soon!

7:14 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Hey, is there any way I can call you?

7:27 AM  
Blogger Tisra said...

I had no idea you'd be in the US, but Mary told me she'll see you soon in Michigan. I was glad to hear it and I'm happy for you guys- that your family will be reunited for catching up, giving hugs, and taking lots of pictures. Have a great trip and do your best (I know its hard!) to not spread yourselves too thin attempting to make everyone happy by coming to them. :-)

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home